Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Feels Like Home to Me



Great news!  We finally got our house!  It is so wonderful to own our own place, have our own yard, choose the paint colors we want, and be able to sleep out on the roof if that is what our hearts desired! Things are a little tighter as far as money goes, but it is so worth it.  Plus, I actually really love to be frugal and budget, so it's a win-win situation.

I got that job I was talking about!  I work for a company called Phoenix Services.  They provide supported living for people with brain injuries.  Basically I go to a person's home and help them clean, grocery shop, get out in the community, or whatever they want to do that day! I am really enjoying it.  Especially because it is giving me good experience for when I become a speech therapist.

Speaking of which, I have been studying my brains out for the GRE.  Mostly I have been working on vocabulary and root words, so I really need to review my math the next two weeks.  I take it on September 25th.  Ah!  I will probably end up taking it again, but I have decided to stop stressing about it and start dominating it.  Graduate school is really intimidating to me for some reason.  I am most nervous about letters of recommendation.  I asked for one of my teachers to keep an eye on me because I was planning on asking her for a letter.  I think that is the best approach.  I just realized something.  I'm terrified of being rejected by these people.  I am afraid to ask for letters because I'm afraid they will say no.  I'm afraid to apply for graduate school because I'm afraid I won't get it.  Well I'm going for it anyway so I never have to wonder what would have happened if I would have tried.  Cross your fingers ;).

Eric is getting his surgery on October 1st.  I have been keeping my eye out for jobs, but now I need to start frantically searching!  I think he scheduled the surgery more so he could have a break from work than so he could have a stable joint in his arm.  I don't blame him though.  Those construction workers don't have much respect for anything, it would be a hard environment.  On the positive though, Eric starts his EMT training in January! I am so excited for him and I really think it is something he will be good at.

Other than that, I'm just living my life one day at a time.  I love it.  I love my husband! He makes me laugh every day and not a thing has changed about us being perfect for each other.  Yep, we are still in that "overly touchy, mushy, blissfully and unrealistically happy" honeymoon stage, and we don't plan on getting out of it any time soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE It! Looks great Angie!! So happy for you guys!!! :)

    ReplyDelete