Thursday, July 29, 2010

Filthy. Oh well.

My name is Angie and I purchased a broom two days ago.  Which means that I have not swept the kitchen floor since we moved into my hot uncle Mike's basement in May.  Does that make me a horrible person?  No.  It makes me a great person with a dirty kitchen floor. Here is how bad Eric and I DIDN'T want to go out and buy a broom and dust pan.  We put down an old blanket on the tile so we didn't walk in the dirt.  Don't worry, DON'T WORRY. I used one of our gift cards to Bed Bath and Beyond (we are RICH  there) and took care of the problem.  Happy to say, the blanket is back in the closet and we can walk in bare feet in the kitchen without getting crumbs stuck to the bottom of our feet.

So much is happening in the next few weeks, months, etc.  First of all, we are going to Lake Powell on Monday!!  I am so excited and Eric is dying for a break from the construction industry.  He works for Hunt Electric building the new City Creek mall in Salt Lake.  The mall is going to be like the Gateway on steroids.  I'm pretty excited, but Eric is ready to quit.  My man wants to be a fire fighter.  I am so excited for his change in career choice!  We are looking for EMT classes to get him started, so if you know where they are offered in the Clearfield area, let me know! I can't find where they are offered online for some reason.  But the closer to Clearfield the better because......

WE ARE BUYING A HOUSE THERE!!!  West Point, actually.  Its right next door though.  It has been the longest process of my life.  Turns out, buying a house is nothing like buying a new pair of jeans. First, you pick your house.  It took us three months of looking to find the perfect home for our new Hronek family.  Then you tell the person selling it, in our case-the bank, how much you want to pay for it.  Then you wait for four months for them to say yes or no.  Then they want you to give them all your money and get approved for a large loan in a matter of two weeks.  Then getting a loan is a whole new set of obstacles.  Here's a fact.  I have 0 credit.  That's bad.  Anyone out there who doesn't have a credit card, go get one.  Then buy yourself a new shirt with that credit card, then immediately pay it off.  Then, you will officially have better credit than me and be able to buy a house.   That is basically all true.  Ok, long story short, the bank said yes to how much we wanted to pay and we have our loan approved (5 month process. start it right when you start looking.) and Eric and I will be home owners within the next two weeks.  I am so excited an nervous.  Good bye life savings, hello house!

On top of that, Eric has a torn ligament and will need surgery on his shoulder, the poor chap.  It takes about an three hours to perform the surgery, and about three months to recover.  That means Angie needs two jobs to help pay for a house while the Mr. gets better. I have an interview on August 9th at 11:30.  Pray for me on that day, at that time.  Then I need a job on Tuesdays and Thursdays up in Logan between the hours of 11:45am and 3:00pm.  I am driving up to Logan two days a week for school.  If you have a job up there that is hiring, or if you hear of one, or if you just want to give me money....I am open to all of the above. 

Then, I have to take a big, scary, 4 hour test called the GRE (the ACT of college students??) so that I maybe might get into graduate school.  That's going down in September, but I have started studying my root words and my Kaplan GRE study book is being shipped as you read. Did anyone read this whole big thing? Just wondering. Anyways, crazy, exciting, amazing, scary times ahead.  Bring it, life.  Bring it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of being married!! and having what seems like no money - just goes toward everything else!! Good luck on the job interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! I thought Eric wanted to be a pilot? Good luck on your job interview. Also, can I just say that going back to school in 4 weeks is kinda freaking me out? you'll be missed daily. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I don't know how to spell 'rhymes' because it took me forever to find this. I will add it to my blogroll so I never have to do that again.

    ReplyDelete